Home Schooling/Homeschooling (general)

Question
Do you have any idea why this method has a better effect in our children ?

Answer
Hi, Tamara. Thanks for your question. It's a big one! I could write a book about how homeschooling positively affected my life. But instead, I'm going to recommend that you read some books on the learning theory behind homeschooling/unschooling. John Holt's How Children Learn and How Children Fail books are a good start. The Teenage Liberation Handbook by Grace Llewellyn is also good.

The reason I suggest those books is because homeschooling/unshooling is not really a "method" of education. It's a way of life in which learning is the focus, and that learning is not separated from any other part of life, but built into every moment. Being an unschooler doesn't end when someone turns 18 and graduates from high school. It endures as an approach to and outlook on life. And that's a wonderful thing!

Best of luck on your journey,

-Mae  

Home Schooling

Mae Kowalke