Home Schooling/Slow Thinking or slow learner

Question
Hi pat my daughter just turned 18. I want her to take the extended time sat test. I wonder if at this age she can be evaluated by a professional. and if she can,  can you please tell me what specialist does that evaluation? Thanks a lot. Ester.

Answer
Hello, Ester,

Mostly, this is outside my area of expertise. That said, here is what you can do. You can ask a local psychiatrist if he or she can administer the test. You can also ask the school district to recommend someone. They may have a staff person who does this. If the government is not involved in your homeschooling, then try the psychiatrist first. Since the test will take a long time, it might cost a fair amount. The school district might be willing to pay it. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions, and how things go. Take care.

Home Schooling

PatG