Home Theater/connecting speakers to Sony Triniton for surround sound

Question
QUESTION: I have a Technics Receiver SA GX670 (approx 15 years old) and am trying to connect surround sound to my Sony Triniton XBR television.

How do I do this and what cables do I need?

Thanks in advance.

ANSWER: Hello Ann,
Please provide me with a picture of the rear side of the receiver in order for me to see what type of connectors available on the unit.
Thanks

Technics
Technics  
QUESTION: Here is the back of my Technics receiver per your request. Thanks.

Answer
Unfortunately you do not have a proper receiver for a surround sound decoding. You will not be able to get surround sound from existing receiver.
You can however connect RCA (red and white) Audio out  of TV to your receiver's RCA (red and white) audio in. You can use any audio in.  This will give you stereo sound. Not surround sound.
Thanks

Home Theater

M A Khan