Home Theater/connecting speakers to Sony Triniton for surround sound

QUESTION: I have a Technics Receiver SA GX670 (approx 15 years old) and am trying to connect surround sound to my Sony Triniton XBR television.

How do I do this and what cables do I need?

Thanks in advance.

ANSWER: Hello Ann,
Please provide me with a picture of the rear side of the receiver in order for me to see what type of connectors available on the unit.

QUESTION: Here is the back of my Technics receiver per your request. Thanks.

Unfortunately you do not have a proper receiver for a surround sound decoding. You will not be able to get surround sound from existing receiver.
You can however connect RCA (red and white) Audio out  of TV to your receiver's RCA (red and white) audio in. You can use any audio in.  This will give you stereo sound. Not surround sound.

Home Theater

M A Khan

Any question regarding Home Theater Systems. What to buy? How to do the hookup and troubleshoot. (Only surround sound hook up please) Please note that I am not a technician. I do not do projectors.I also do not make suggestions on what to buy. When sending me questions, please make sure you provide me with as much information on your equipment as possible. I would like to know on each equipment you are connecting, if you have HDMI, Optical and or Digital Coaxial ports and how many. Do not forget to include make and model of your equipment......Thanks

Retail Manager of Electronics

BBA and MCSE. Retail of electronics, computers and software.