Home Theater/Connecting a 3d Blu Ray player

Question
Dear M.A. Khan,
I have recently installed a Bose lifestyle 48 system with a Sony KDL40HX850. The connections between the two are by means of an HDMI cable and an audio optical cable. Now I wish to buy a Blu-Ray player with 3D capability and the ones I am considering are Sony BDP-S490 and the Philips BDP 3380/94. I would like to know which one is recommended and why. Also, What is the easiest way to connect either of the players to my already installed system and what separate cables/accessories will I need to purchase for the same?
Thank you for your time,
Prads.

Answer
Hello Pradheet,
You must remember this when you buy any electronics. If any particular brand you are considering has a local repair/replacement facilities or not. What are their terms when item is found to be defective. Is there any replacement policy if item is defective within 90 days?
Having said that, I like both brands. I always lean towards Sony because of their service facility locally.
I have both brands in use in my house but I have always preferred Sony.
Best connection will be HDMI to TV and optical from Sony to Bose.  These will be the best way to connect the Sony/Philips to your existing system.

Thanks

Home Theater

M A Khan