Home Theater/Hitachi CP-X251 LCD projector - display problem

Question
Hello, I'm not sure if this is a question that you would be able to answer or not, but I just bought a used Hitachi CP-X251 LCD projector through an online auction (mistake #1) and was very disappointed to discover upon receiving it that there is a blurry horizontal blue streak along the bottom of the display that is there as soon as I turn it on.  The streak does not go away regardless of whether I have it hooked up to an input source or not.  Do you have any idea what may be causing this, and if so, what can I do to try and get rid of the blue streak?  I hope I'm not out of luck or going to be stuck with a costly repair bill if I decide to have it fixed!

Thank you for your time and help.

Joe

Answer
Without seeing it, and based on what you've described, I want to say the blue element has a hotspot (it's been burned, basically). Either that or a fault with the input board. It would have to be replaced - assuming you could even find a legitimate shop that would work on such a device (modern electronics generally are not repaired - just replaced), and that this projector could even be repaired, and that parts even still exist, yes it would be extremely expensive (may hundreds if not thousands of dollars most likely; just the nature of the beast).

Sorry that there isn't better news. And again, this is just a best guess without being able to actually see the device.

-bob  

Home Theater

Bobbert