Home Theater/Hooking up MItsubishi HD 1080 TV

Hello - I have a Mitsubishi HD 1080 TV where I just had the Directv disconnected.  I want to be able to get the local free channels, like PBS, CBS, etc.  When I disconnected the Directv cables from the TV, I cannot get the local channels, even if I switch to channel 3 or 4.  Any suggestions?

Based on the TV tuning to "channel 3 or 4" I'm guessing it only has an NTSC tuner (which means it can't receive anything, because NTSC broadcasting ended in the US a few years ago); you will need a DTV Transport Box to receive ATSC broadcasts (for channels like PBS). You can pick them up online for relatively little money:

You'll also need an antenna:

If the TV is relatively new, it may have an ATSC tuner that you can enable in a sub-menu; I'd need to know more about the model information to find an owner's manual and look this up though (or if you have the manual with you, it should say).

Home Theater

Questions regarding HTPC integration to home theaters, and general purchasing advice regarding home theater and audio systems, including headphones. Please no car audio or over the top PA systems.

General enthusiast, ~10 years as an audio and electronics hobbyist

Engineering student, various DIY experiences, personal hobby