Home Theater/best hook up

Question
i need to hook up my onkyo ht-sr800 7.1 home theater system with my directv box and my sony bdp-s300 blu ray and samsung pn51e550 plasma tv the onkyo has 2 hdmi in and 1 out and 2 optical ports and 2 coaxial and about any other port there is the sansung tv has 3 hdmi ports and 1 optical port the the blu ray has 1 hdmi out 1 optical and coaxial and rca ports cable box has 1 hdmi out and 1 optical port and rca and coaxial i would like the surround sound to work with the cable and for sure the blu ray i would like the best way to hook all this up for the best sound and picture i have 4 hdmi cables and 1 optical cable and 3 of the rca cords with the yellow red and white hope that is  all you need to help me thanks

Answer
Hello David,
The best way is HDMI out of cable box to TV HDMI 1 in
Then connect HDMI out of of blue ray to HDMI on your Onkyo HDMI in.
Then connect optical out of cable box to Onkyo TV optical in.
This option gives you to watch TV normally and if you need decoding of cable sound and
You want to hear it thru your surround sound. You will be able to.

Thanks

Home Theater

M A Khan