Home Theater/Buying a new TV

Between these two TVs, which one is the better buy? (The smart TV aspect is a plus, but not a necessity as I already have an apple TV box that can be hooked up to non-smart/wifi TVs)

This one:

Or this one:

They'll be more or less identical from a functional perspective, especially with the AppleTV. I'd go with the Best Buy purchase though, because you can likely buy it locally (assuming you live near a Best Buy location) and it will be supported locally (that is, if you get a dud, you don't have to eat a hefty return shipping charge to get it replaced). I'd also add that the Newegg link is not actually a product sold by Newegg, it's sold by a third-party, and I would strongly caution you to avoid such transactions (both on Newegg and Amazon), unless you know the third-party is a quality dealer (for example Bose Corporation has a storefront on Amazon). And finally, the Best Buy option costs less and is not a refurbished unit.

The Insignia therefore seems like a safer bet, and once the AppleTV is factored in, will be no different in terms of performance.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Home Theater

Questions regarding HTPC integration to home theaters, and general purchasing advice regarding home theater and audio systems, including headphones. Please no car audio or over the top PA systems.

General enthusiast, ~10 years as an audio and electronics hobbyist

Engineering student, various DIY experiences, personal hobby