Home Theater/Jvc home theatre wont stay powered on

Question
I have just started having an issue where my DVD/ home theater system will not stay powered on. When unplugged and plugged back in upon being plugged in it will light up for a second or 2 then immediately powers off. I opened up the unit and found a small 1.6 amp 125 volt fuse on the board blown. I cannot find a fuse this small so I purchased a 1.6 amp 250 volt fuse and it still does the exact same thing. As long as I match the amperage and match or exceed the voltage on fuse shouldn't that work. While it is not blowing the higher voltage fuse it powers up and dies the same. Looking for any help I can get. Great theater system but they don't make it anymore. I'd love to fix it if possible.

Answer
Hello Nathan,
Blown fuse is a symptom of a bigger problem. Replacing fuses will not solve the problem. The phone is blown because you have a overload. This can be due to a component being shorted.
Next step should be to take it to a repair shop.

Thanks

Home Theater

M A Khan