Home Theater/Older Onkyo receiver

Question
I have 15-18 yr old onkyo tx sv70 dsp receiver. just moved and want to hook it up to existing ceiling speakers (4). The speakers are at least 10 years old. The center speaker and front speakers work fine but cant get anything to work in the rear inputs. I know the old rears were pretty useless, wondering if I just need to buy an amp on amazon for 100 to run the other two speakers. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Answer
Hello Rich,

If you have a stereo receiver you will only get stereo sound. For all the speakers to function you must have a Dolby digital 5.1 source and a Dolby Digital receiver to drive those speakers. You should get the equipment to enjoy all the speakers. Thanks  

Home Theater

M A Khan