Home Theater/Older Onkyo receiver

I have 15-18 yr old onkyo tx sv70 dsp receiver. just moved and want to hook it up to existing ceiling speakers (4). The speakers are at least 10 years old. The center speaker and front speakers work fine but cant get anything to work in the rear inputs. I know the old rears were pretty useless, wondering if I just need to buy an amp on amazon for 100 to run the other two speakers. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hello Rich,

If you have a stereo receiver you will only get stereo sound. For all the speakers to function you must have a Dolby digital 5.1 source and a Dolby Digital receiver to drive those speakers. You should get the equipment to enjoy all the speakers. Thanks  

Home Theater

M A Khan

Any question regarding Home Theater Systems. What to buy? How to do the hookup and troubleshoot. (Only surround sound hook up please) Please note that I am not a technician. I do not do projectors.I also do not make suggestions on what to buy. When sending me questions, please make sure you provide me with as much information on your equipment as possible. I would like to know on each equipment you are connecting, if you have HDMI, Optical and or Digital Coaxial ports and how many. Do not forget to include make and model of your equipment......Thanks

Retail Manager of Electronics

BBA and MCSE. Retail of electronics, computers and software.