Home Theater/Sony Bravia TV sound to Samsung HT-X30 via Sky satellite HD box

Question
Mr Khan, I have seen several questions of this nature but am struggling to align the answers to my particular setup.  I cannot get the TV sound to come through the home cinema speakers even though the TV displays that external speakers are active.

I am connecting a Sony Bravia KDL-42W829B TV to a Samsung HT-X30 home cinema system VIA a Sky HD satellite box.  I have HDMI connectors from the TV to the Sky box AND from the TV to the Samsung.  I have an Optical cable running between Digital Audio In (Samsung)and Digital Audio Out (Sony).

I have no scart cables and no RCA cables.

Your simple guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Answer
Andy,
I apologize for this delay as I was having trouble with my availability.
You must connect optical out of your cable box to your Samsung receiver. This should resolve your problem. Make sure you select appropriate inputs on your remote for the TV sound to be heard.
Have a great day.

Thanks

Home Theater

M A Khan