Home Theater/Sony Bravia TV sound to Samsung HT-X30 via Sky satellite HD box

Mr Khan, I have seen several questions of this nature but am struggling to align the answers to my particular setup.  I cannot get the TV sound to come through the home cinema speakers even though the TV displays that external speakers are active.

I am connecting a Sony Bravia KDL-42W829B TV to a Samsung HT-X30 home cinema system VIA a Sky HD satellite box.  I have HDMI connectors from the TV to the Sky box AND from the TV to the Samsung.  I have an Optical cable running between Digital Audio In (Samsung)and Digital Audio Out (Sony).

I have no scart cables and no RCA cables.

Your simple guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize for this delay as I was having trouble with my availability.
You must connect optical out of your cable box to your Samsung receiver. This should resolve your problem. Make sure you select appropriate inputs on your remote for the TV sound to be heard.
Have a great day.

Home Theater

M A Khan

Any question regarding Home Theater Systems. What to buy? How to do the hookup and troubleshoot. (Only surround sound hook up please) Please note that I am not a technician. I do not do projectors.I also do not make suggestions on what to buy. When sending me questions, please make sure you provide me with as much information on your equipment as possible. I would like to know on each equipment you are connecting, if you have HDMI, Optical and or Digital Coaxial ports and how many. Do not forget to include make and model of your equipment......Thanks

Retail Manager of Electronics

BBA and MCSE. Retail of electronics, computers and software.