Home Theater/connecting tv with two dvd players, & dish.

Question
back of tv & stuff
back of tv & stuff  
Hi! I would like the best way to connect my devices. I used to have basic cable connected to the vcr/dvr then to the tv. But then I had to get dish and I got a bluray player. I would like to have the  dvr/vcr player connected to the tv, from the dish, and have the bluray connected also. I have included a picture showing 2 views of the back, where the connectors are, and one of the tv back. Hope they are clear enough.  Thanks!

Answer
From what I'm seeing, you do not have an HDTV, and thus will not be able to connect the Blu-ray player or Dish hardware for HD picture. You can connect the Dish receiver's video/audio outputs to the inputs on the VCR/DVR box and then connect that to the TV, but there does not appear to be another input on the TV for the Blu-ray player. You will likely need a switch device to connect the Blu-ray player as a result - these are fairly inexpensive and can be purchased at retailers like Wal-mart or Amazon. Something like this device:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-4-Way-AV-Switcher-With-S-Video/3312963

If the VCR/DVR device will output VHS via S-Video (some devices will not do that), I would suggest switching to S-Video for video wiring as it will improve picture quality somewhat.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

-bob

Home Theater

Bobbert