Home Theater/Sony TV / Samsung Home Cinema / Sky satellite box

Samsung Home Cinema
Samsung Home Cinema  
Sony TV
Sony TV  
Subject:    Sony Bravia TV sound to Samsung HT-X30 via Sky satellite HD box
Question:    There is still no follow-up button available so I trust this is an acceptable way to correspond.  I have attached images with explanations of the back of the TV, the Home Cinema and the Satellite (cable) box.  I will send another message with the third image

ANSWER: So you have optical out of Satellite receiver and optical in on your home theater.
They two should be connected together.

QUESTION: I'm sorry Mr Khan but I do not understand your point. I have one optical cable which runs from the Out socket of my satellite box ('J' on the diagram) to the In socket ('G' on the diagram) of my home theatre. In other words the satellite box and the home theatre are connected together by one optical cable.

If your satellite receiver's optical port is working and you could see the red light then problem lies with home theater's optical port.
It's hard to test if you do not have an optical receiver port to test the satellite's out port.

That's the best I can do.  

Home Theater

M A Khan

Any question regarding Home Theater Systems. What to buy? How to do the hookup and troubleshoot. (Only surround sound hook up please) Please note that I am not a technician. I do not do projectors.I also do not make suggestions on what to buy. When sending me questions, please make sure you provide me with as much information on your equipment as possible. I would like to know on each equipment you are connecting, if you have HDMI, Optical and or Digital Coaxial ports and how many. Do not forget to include make and model of your equipment......Thanks

Retail Manager of Electronics

BBA and MCSE. Retail of electronics, computers and software.