Home Theater/3DDVD

Question
I was wondering if you knew the file structure difference between DVD and 3DDVD? I couldn't find any info online.

Answer
Hello James,
I did some research and this is what I found on the Internet.

3D DVD
The Blu-ray 3D specification was only officially nailed down in December of 2009. This specification calls for a separate image to be presented to each eye (stereoscopic vision) using the multiview video coding (MVC) codec.†
This new codec is an extension of the existing AVC codec that standard 2D Blu-ray players already support. The difference is that the MVC codec carries two streams of information: one for the base view and another for the dependant view. The base view is a standard 2D H.264 video stream, but the dependant view isn't a standalone video stream. Rather, it can reference information in the base view to save bandwidth, and it contains its own unique differences for the second, separate perspective.
DVD

DVD-Video
The most common DVD format on the market today. It uses a combination of the MPEG2 video codec, various audio formats and data files. DVD players can then parse the information on the disc and display it appropriately. All DVD players and DVD ROMs support this media.†

MPEG2
This is the video codec most commonly used on standard commercial DVDs. It provides a picture and audio to the screen. All DVD players and DVD ROMs include the ability to decode MPEG2. Itís also a safe bet if you record a home video or download a movie and burn the DVD disc using an MPEG2 codec that the DVD will play in almost any
Standard DVD player.  

Thanks  

Home Theater

M A Khan