Homeopathy/Gluten Sensitivity and Leaky Gut

QUESTION: Dear. Dr. Chandragiri:

I have recently learned that I have become Gluten Intolerant - oh dread!!  I have symptoms which I would like to ask you for your help.  When I eat anything, even gluten-free, I have Pruritus (itching) on my arms, in particular, my right upper arm.  This itch is different from any itch I have ever had.  If I scratch it, it becomes tremendously stinging itchy and makes me feel nauseous and I have a dull ache feeling in my intestines. I also get pin prick stinging jabs all over my body soon after I have eaten.

This strange itch keeps me awake most nights especially if anything should touch right arm. My diet is absolutely nutritious as I grow most of my own food (organically).  I don't eat junk, but prepare all of my food myself.  I ate between 12-14 vegetables 90 percent raw every day all summer and this fall.  I have eaten very healthy for 15 years to-date.  My Candida level is moderate not too bad and my health in general has been good with the exception of a few finger joints enlarged the past 2 years.   I don't have any bowel problems; everything appears normal in that department.

I am concerned that there is damage of the epithelial, enterocyte cells in my intestinal tract, that has caused Leaky Gut.   Would you please advise homeopathic remedies to repair and heal this.  

Is it your opinion that I may be able to return to eating gluten at some point in the future?  I am leaning this new way of eating gluten-free; it will take some time to substitute what I ate in the past.  Perhaps there is a homeopathic remedy for the Gluten sensitivity?  I truly hope so cause life is now very different and more work as a result!!  I love grains!!  :-(

Thank you so much for your response.

Best regards

ANSWER: Hello,
     Ferrum metallicum is one of the best homeopathic remedies for food allergies. I suggest that you try taking it in the 30C potency thrice daily for a month. During this period, please continue to consume gluten in very small amounts daily, so as to develop your tolerance to it again. Do keep me informed about your progress at regular intervals. Thank you.

QUESTION: I will keep you posted Dr. Chandragiri.  

I have two minds about Gluten.  Some experts state that once one becomes intolerant, the recommendation is to never again consume Gluten. Some of the logic behind this belief is that most grains today are genetically engineered/modified, so in order to alleviate this harm, one may consume organic grains in nature if gluten is to be consumed.  Unfortunately, most grain has been manipulated since the 1950's - one of the main reasons society as a whole is Gluten Intolerant/Sensitive today.

I will take your advise and consume small amounts of organic gluten in order to rebuild my tolerance. I choose organic oats for this purpose.  I believe that I do have some damage to my gut as gluten is not the only sensitivity as of late.  Is there a homeopathic remedy for the purpose of healing the intestinal tract, a permeability problem? Will you please advise.

Thank you in advance for your expertise, I so appreciate it!

Best regards,

The best way of healing the intestines naturally is by including antioxidants, vitamins, alkaline foods, and proteins in your diet. Together, all of them can actually reverse any functional disorders, irrespective of the system involved. Consumption of probiotics and prebiotics can further help to strengthen the intestinal mucosa by replacing the healthy bowel flora. Ferrum metallicum should help you o a great extent. Another remedy that you may require at a later stage is Nux vomica, a homeopathic remedy that helps to detoxify the body. Thank you.  

Dr. Prasad R. Chandragiri

I can answer any question related to homeopathy and medicine in general. I can give information on Yoga and meditation, and some tips on naturopathy too. Being well aware of the scope and limitations about the various schools of medicine, I can guide the patients as to which therapeutic protocol would be ideal for them and I can also brief them about the probable diagnosis and prognosis for a particular case. Patients do not know that ancillary and auxiliary modes of treatment such as diet, regimen, and other non-medicinal procedures are vital in the long term treatment and prophylaxis of a particular disease. These details can also be provided to them by me.

I have ten years experience in the field. Having worked with two of the oldest homeopathic pharmacies in India as their Homeopathic Consultant, I have successfully treated thousands of patients to date.

I was a Homeopathic Consultant for the Banaji Homeopathic pharmacy and the Zoroastrian Homeopathic Pharmacy Annexe

I have a Bachelor's degree in homeopathic medicine and surgery from the University of Mumbai.

I had topped the University and was felicitated for the same.