Homeopathy/Prescription Medicine Detox

My 86 year old father had a stroke in May. Shortly after recovering he fell and suffered a concussion. Since then we have been diligently working to rehabilitate him. The doctor at the rehab facility put him on an antidepressant (without our knowledge) which caused sleep disorder. We finally got him off of those (and saw improvement in sleep symptoms) and recently he suffered from a respiratory infection for which his PCP prescribed doxycycline. Since taking this course of antibiotics, sleep problems have returned and increased dramatically. He is waking every couple of hours. We feel as though this medication has something to do with it. Is there a homeopathic remedy we can give him to help rid this medicine from his system?

Thank you,

There is a homeopathic medicine called Nux vomica, which is known to help treat the bad effects of allopathic medications. You can certainly try it in the 30C potency, giving it thrice daily for 15 days. Ask your father to increase his intake of fresh fruits and vegetables and to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. This will also help to detoxify his system. Thank you.

Dr. Prasad R. Chandragiri

I can answer any question related to homeopathy and medicine in general. I can give information on Yoga and meditation, and some tips on naturopathy too. Being well aware of the scope and limitations about the various schools of medicine, I can guide the patients as to which therapeutic protocol would be ideal for them and I can also brief them about the probable diagnosis and prognosis for a particular case. Patients do not know that ancillary and auxiliary modes of treatment such as diet, regimen, and other non-medicinal procedures are vital in the long term treatment and prophylaxis of a particular disease. These details can also be provided to them by me.

I have ten years experience in the field. Having worked with two of the oldest homeopathic pharmacies in India as their Homeopathic Consultant, I have successfully treated thousands of patients to date.

I was a Homeopathic Consultant for the Banaji Homeopathic pharmacy and the Zoroastrian Homeopathic Pharmacy Annexe

I have a Bachelor's degree in homeopathic medicine and surgery from the University of Mumbai.

I had topped the University and was felicitated for the same.