Homeopathy/Homeopathy for hypothyroid

Question

I was dignosed with hypothyroid 5 years back and was put on 100 mcg thyronom.
When dignosed my tsh was 12.6 however with regular dose of thyronom it's within the limits now.
I have joint and leg aches regularly and I do get depressed very easily,have dry skin however my weight is ok. I do not like that im so dependant on thyronom and would like to switch to homeopathy slowly. After reading several of your posts I decided to try thyrodium 6x and I immediately feel uplifted after having it.. have skipped thyronom and taken thyrodium 6x twice in the day..Not sure if its working or it's just psycological but I would really like to give it a serious try. Not sure of the dosage and how many times should I skip thyronom in a week... Also if I should add any other homeopathy. I'm desperate to get rid of thyroxine.. Would really appreciate your help.. Also is taking temperature every morning a good way to check tsh. Please help.
Thanks
Divya

Answer
Dear Divya,

Two things to keep in mind:
1. There are other potencies of Thyroidium that you can also try if the 6X ever stops working. As your thyroid heals, you may need either 12X or 6C or some other potency to try to heal further.

2. There are other remedies that can also help - Thyroid Gland remedy and many others that also help with exhaustion and other typical symptoms of hypothyroid - but they are best chosen by a homeopath who can look for more symptoms to match to the best remedy.

Thyroid exhaustion is triggered by too much stress in  life when the person is constantly striving and working hard or at least in their mind really wanting something and constantly thinking about it. It can also be caused in a situation when you feel trapped or forced to do things against your will and you have to keep pushing against this, until you are exhausted.

The thyroid gland supplies us with energy for action, much similar to the adrenal gland. It can even help when the adrenal glands are exhausted. People who are too active, always rushing, always busy, always "on" tend to have thyroid problems at some point.

Sometimes the hypothyroid indicates full exhaustion of the thyroid gland. But sometimes it is a temporary situation triggered by healing in the gland - this healing process can lead to temporary reduction in the flow of thyroid hormone and this makes us tired. But the production of hormone may be fine - it just takes longer to be used by the body.

So it is curable, provided you slow down in life, become less driven in chasing what seems so important to achieve,and also if you eat and take herbs and supplements that support the trhyroid gland and your physical health in general.

As to taking less medication, just go slowly, increase the dose of Thyroidium to twise or three times a day if you feel the need for more help as you reduce the medication. You may find at the end that you did not need the medication at all.

I hope this helps,
Ati

Homeopathy

Ati Petrov DHHP, DIHom (Pract.)