I had labyrinthitis twice in 3 months. first time it lasted 7 days and second time lasted 12 days. start in the night, vertigo, dizziness, vomiting, dislike of bright light or dark, just able to laydown all time, can't move head without vomiting, can't eat or drink, can't walk or move because of vertigo.  Got anti sickness tablets and travel sickness tablets but very slow recovery. No pain in ears.
Can I take anything to avoid it coming back? will cocculus 200 help? can it be menieres's disease ( my mum's got it) ? I do suffer from travel sickness as well, is it connected?

thank you

Dear Virginie,

I wonder what you were doing in the week or month preceding this began. Was there any significant event in your life - a physical injury or food poisoning or an emotional shock in advance of the symptoms appearing? Do you suffer from other chronic illnesses and do you take string medication for anything else?

There are many good remedies for vertigo and symptoms like yours, almost too  many to list and try.
Cocculus 200C fits your symptoms and you can try that - take a granule every 15 minutes during an attack and see what happens. You can also dilute 3-4 granules in water, stir well and sip that, if you find that it helps.

Here are some more remedies to consider: Kalmia, Kali bichromicum, Petroleum are quite close to your symptoms.
Also consider: Nux vomica, Pulsatilla, Chininum sulphuricum and even Veratrum album.

There are many more. If you have access to a materia medica (compendium of homeopathic remedies and the symptoms they treat) you can check them out there. You can find one online here: http://homeoint.org/clarke/index.htm

For a more precise prescription you will need the help of a trained homeopath who can take the history of your case, some more symptoms and narrow down the selection.

Ati Petrov DHHP, DIHom (Pract.)

I can answer questions about homeopathy, sequential treatment and heilkunst - who can be treated, what the treatment is for different ailments. German New Medicine can help you understand your symptoms as they relate to a particular emotional shock and can show you if you are still ill or already healing.

My experience in holistic medicine began with my own preference for a natural and non-medicinal lifestyle. This lead me to my introduction to homeopathy when I realized there were safe and exceptionally effective medciines i could give to my children instead of pills. The more I learned about homeopathy, the more it made sense, so I took the courses, worked at a clinic and started working with patients soon after. I have been practising for 8 years now and every day I continue to learn from my clients and from the many interesting courses I take to complement what I already do. Today I incorporate knowledge from German New Medicine, Orgonomy, Anthroposophy and many other intersting fields, including informational and vibrational medicine when I work with clients. And the additional expertise helps me see a more complex picture of what is needed to help the person.

ANN - The Association of Naturopaths and Natural Therapists, Canada.

DHHP - Practitioner diploma in Heilkunst from the Hahmemann College for Heilkunst DIHom (Pract) - practitioner diploma in homeopathy from the British Institute of Homeopathy German New Medicine Certificate for all taken courses Masters Diploma (MA) in Canadian Studies, Carleton University, Canada Masters Diploma (MA) in Book Design and Illustration, Sofia Fine Arts Academy

My clients are from all over the world and from all continents. They are of all ages, with the majority being female, as women seem to gravitate more toward the holistic.