Homeopathy/problem

Question
Peace!
I read that if you have blood in your stool and certain feelings in your stomach it can be due to anger. I am often angry. What is the homeopathic view on this?

Answer
Dear Andrew,

In homeopathy, every remedy has a description of the symptoms it can cure and a big part of the description are the states of mind and feelings typical for a person who needs that remedy.

In German New Medicine, this has been laid out scientifially and every symptom in the body is related to a particular issue of the person, based on the observation that psychological stress can invoke reactions in the body and these reactions can be very physical.

The body will react in the same manner if you eat a poisonous food or if you have an angry thought or reaction, especially when it is triggered by a sudden and unexpected event. When a signal goes to your stomach that the contents are poisonous (as in the thought "I can't stomach this", "this makes me want to vomit" etc.) the body will immediately react with physical measures like increasing stomach acid to break down the "bad food" which is actually a bad thought, or any manner of intestinal or digestive symptoms.

In your case, long term chronic anger and upsets have caused this problem to progress down the intestinal tract over time, causing probably some ulcers in the bowel or polyps. Those can bleed when irritated.

If you have hemorrhoids, another common cause for bleeding, then the issue is one of "territorial marking" - a need to make sure people know when they have overstepped the line, or as we say colloquially "a pain in the but" regarding such life situations and feelings.

Depending on what exactly is the source of the bleeding (ulcer, polyp or hemorroid) a different remedy will be useful. There are tens of good remedies for such symptoms, the important part is to select a good one that matches what you have.

Staphysagria is a remedy that helps with anger - you can try it in 30C or 200C next time you are upset. There are countless other remedies also good to calm down the emotions and many other therapeutic ways to work on anger issues.

I hope this helps!
Ati

Homeopathy

Ati Petrov DHHP, DIHom (Pract.)