Homeopathy/foot drop

I am a 62 year old female with mild hypothyroid and mild hypertension. I noticed my left foot dragging in March of this year while in India. I have a small bulge in my left vastus latteralis. I have no pain what so ever any where. Only when I walk my left foot drags.  I have lost 35% muscle mass in my left leg, 60% strength also. X'ray, MRI show no abnormality. EMG and Nerve Conduction study shows abnormalities. I have half dorsiflexion ( it is not complete loss). I have also noticed muscle loss in my right palm between index finger and Thumb.
My Grip with these fingers is weak.  
No doctor is able to diagnose and there for treat. It started with suspected peronial nerve entrapment, then peripheral nerve disease and now they are suspecting nuero masculer disease.
I live in the US.  Can you please help?  It all started in India in Feb-2013, 25 days after getting up from ground level toilet.
Thank you.

Dear Punita,

This sort of situation requires detailed case taking and also a treatment process that cannot be covered in an online response.

it is not all that clear of what may have caused your problem. It seems you may also have pre-existing health problems before this began, perhaps not all listed here. The two may or may not be connected, but if this is a sign of another condition worsening, then that is good to know as well.

Nerves can also respond to acute emotional stress. If you went to India and went through some intense stress of some sort, this can cause your body to react in many ways and as a result you could get such symptoms as you describe.

There are many homeopathic remedies to help with symptoms you describe, but how quickly they will work depends on how simple this condition is. If it is connected or part of a bigger problem, then it may not resolve unless the whole complex is addressed.

I can offer you a couple of choices of remedies with such weakness/paralysis symptoms:

Lathyrus 30C
Plumbum 30C
Phos.-ac. 30C

Try them one by one, each for a few days - 2-3 times a day. If the remedy you are trying works, you can also sip in water - 2-3 pellets in a glass, stir well and sip often.

For a specific remedy for your case, contact a homeopath or contact me directly for a  more thorough consultation. This is not a case of a simple injury or small problem and so it requires professional attention. I do encourage you to seek natural healing because western medicine relies heavily on drugs and little else, and those are not known for improving this type of conditions.

Check also for severe nutrient deficiencies in case that is a problem too.

Ati Petrov DHHP, DIHom (Pract.)

I can answer questions about homeopathy, sequential treatment and heilkunst - who can be treated, what the treatment is for different ailments. German New Medicine can help you understand your symptoms as they relate to a particular emotional shock and can show you if you are still ill or already healing.

My experience in holistic medicine began with my own preference for a natural and non-medicinal lifestyle. This lead me to my introduction to homeopathy when I realized there were safe and exceptionally effective medciines i could give to my children instead of pills. The more I learned about homeopathy, the more it made sense, so I took the courses, worked at a clinic and started working with patients soon after. I have been practising for 8 years now and every day I continue to learn from my clients and from the many interesting courses I take to complement what I already do. Today I incorporate knowledge from German New Medicine, Orgonomy, Anthroposophy and many other intersting fields, including informational and vibrational medicine when I work with clients. And the additional expertise helps me see a more complex picture of what is needed to help the person.

ANN - The Association of Naturopaths and Natural Therapists, Canada.

DHHP - Practitioner diploma in Heilkunst from the Hahmemann College for Heilkunst DIHom (Pract) - practitioner diploma in homeopathy from the British Institute of Homeopathy German New Medicine Certificate for all taken courses Masters Diploma (MA) in Canadian Studies, Carleton University, Canada Masters Diploma (MA) in Book Design and Illustration, Sofia Fine Arts Academy

My clients are from all over the world and from all continents. They are of all ages, with the majority being female, as women seem to gravitate more toward the holistic.