Homeopathy/IBS pain treatment

Question
QUESTION: Dear sir, I am having right hypochondriac pain, bloating, worse after a meal for about 10 years. Insomnia, depression, lack of concentration. Bowel habit highly irregular, 5 to 7 loose stools daily. Mental stress makes my symptoms worse. Pain abdomen is worst 15 min after a meal & lying down supine on bed.
Passage of flatus greatly reduces my pain, but i hardly experience effortless & significant passage of flatus despite my bloated abdomen.
I have undergone basket of tests ,all normal. On the basis of all normal results i have been diagnosed as a case of IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME and given antispasmodics.
Nevertheless i am not relieved by those drugs & still desperately searching for some effective remedy.
Kindly suggest me if any....
Regards: rajesh

ANSWER: This is a chronic condition that may not be resolved with a single remedy, although one may be found that can give you relief from bloating or help with constipation. Some good remedies for bloating and pain and gas are:

Carbo veg. , Lycopodium, Chelidonium, Nux v.

Take a dose 2-3 times every 15 minutes when pain and distention are worst and see if it helps with the gas and discomfort. Try one remedy for 2-3 days and if no result, try the next and then the next one. There are literally tens of remedies that could fit this picture and it is hard to choose which one will work best without knowing more of the history of this and what else may be going on.

For example, your diet may not be suitable to you and food choices may have to change. Or you may be deficient in digetstive enzymes or not enough acid in the stomach...or you may have too much acidity - both can cause this problem.

Depression and stress can be a whole different problem that can create a similar condition.
Perhaps think of this as having an "indigestible life conflict" leading to a physical disturbance, since you can't solve it with your mind.

You could be having side effects to other medication or a reaction to other daily factors in your life that doctors do not even ask about. Since your body shows no defects, this is a functional problem and since your organs and blood show no abnormalities, then it must be a mentally and stress induced problem.

If you are constantly tense and upset or stressed out, your body cannot really digest food. so that when you end up eating, the food will sit indigested and cause you problems, without there being any other reason than the constant stress in your life.

This would require remedies to reduce stress and to treat also the organs affected. The ones I listed are very common and might work for you, but there may be better ones. YOu can consult with a professional homeopath who can take your case and suggest something more specific. Consider also a change in lifestyle and food choices and see if that helps.

Warmly,
Ati

QUESTION: Thanks for ans. Plz tell me potency of med or it is mother tincture?

Answer
Potency: I would start with 12C or 30C initially. If a remedy works, but not quite enough and you need to repeat it to keep the improvement, try the same remedy in 200C.

Sipping in water is another way to take a remedy repeatedly all day when it is the correct remedy and you want to maintain the improvements - you dissolve 2-3 granules or drops of the original remedy in a glass of water, stir well each time and sip frequently.

If the remedy is not correct, you won't get much or any improvement after taking it 2-3 times a day. Try a remedy during a bloating episode and repeat it every 15 minutes for up to 5 times no more. If it does not help - it is not correct. If it helps a little but not enough, try it in 200C

This is where you need a homeopath to monitor and help you out.
Ati

Homeopathy

Ati Petrov DHHP, DIHom (Pract.)