Homeopathy/Teucrium Marum Verum

Question
Respected Sir,
         One Homeo Doctor has prescribed  Teucrium Marum Verum 6(dilution,two drops twice) )for my 4 year old grandson,as HE FREQUENTLY SUFFERS FROM COLD AND COUGH.
        Another doctor has told me that this is a medicine used for some serious disease .Please advise.
         With thanks

Answer
Hello,

In Homeopathy, any substance can be used for any problem, if the constitutional picture matches. So it would not be totally correct to say that certain medicines are only used for serious diseases or vice versa.

Teucrium Marum Verum is a plant remedy which belongs to the Labiatae/Lamiaceae (mint) family, which is characterized by stimulation, excitement or thrill loving mentality. It may also manifest itself in the form of irritation and irascibility with sensitivity.

Teucrium has a marked effect on nasal symptoms - such as tickling, tingling etc in the nose as a result of which the patient rubs the nose frequently. There may be nasal polyps, stopped sensation in the nose (esp. on the side he lies on) as well as coryza and cough like symptoms.

I do not know the full case, but a Singe remedy has been prescribed and the potency prescribed is 6C, which is quite low (perhaps too low)... so all in all in my opinion this seems like a reasonable prescription.

if you are concerned about the prescription hurting your child, I wouldn't worry too much about it - please try it without worry and with full confidence for a few days and if it makes no difference, please contact your doctor again for follow up.

best wishes

Homeopathy

Aryev P. Bhardwejj