Homeopathy/Homoeopathic medicine... clearing doubt

Question
Dr.
Is it essential to protect homoeopathic medicines from smell or taste on the tongue....
It is commonly said that they must not be any kind of taste or smell while taking the medications....

Please clarify..
Thanks

Answer
Dear Shahed,
         Yes, it is true that homeopathic medicines are best taken when the mouth and tongue are absolutely clean, because these remedies are supposed to act via the nerve endings under the tongue. Also, substances that can alter the nervous system functionally such as black tea, black coffee, caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, camphor, etc. should be avoided as they can interfere with the action of homeopathic medicines. Thank you.  

Homeopathy

Dr. Prasad R. Chandragiri