Homeopathy/Preventative homeopathy?

I am not writing about a current ailment. My question is, rather, theoretical but of practical importance to me. I own a large farm, and every year I get skin breakouts from poison ivy. I don't have the horrible, weeping breakouts that some people get, but still my skin is a continual eyesore during the warm months. I understand that Rhus tox is very effective after exposure, and I have found it to be so, but I'm wondering about its use to ward off problems beforehand. I've been told that this doesn't work, but I'm unclear on the reasons. I do know people, other farmers, who have dairy goats who picnic on poison ivy, and their owners have developed a resistance after drinking the goats' milk over time. This is not the case with farmers whose dairy goats do not have access to poison ivy. If this works with ingestion of a small amount of digested poison ivy in milk, why wouldn't it work with Rhus tox? And if it does, what would be the prophylactic dosage?

Thanks very much.

Homeopathic medicines can certainly be used for prophylaxis. You can try taking 4 pills of Rhus toxicodendron 30C potency every night for 15 days to a month. It should get your immune system used to the presence of Poison ivy in the vicinity. Thank you.

Dr. Prasad R. Chandragiri

I can answer any question related to homeopathy and medicine in general. I can give information on Yoga and meditation, and some tips on naturopathy too. Being well aware of the scope and limitations about the various schools of medicine, I can guide the patients as to which therapeutic protocol would be ideal for them and I can also brief them about the probable diagnosis and prognosis for a particular case. Patients do not know that ancillary and auxiliary modes of treatment such as diet, regimen, and other non-medicinal procedures are vital in the long term treatment and prophylaxis of a particular disease. These details can also be provided to them by me.

I have ten years experience in the field. Having worked with two of the oldest homeopathic pharmacies in India as their Homeopathic Consultant, I have successfully treated thousands of patients to date.

I was a Homeopathic Consultant for the Banaji Homeopathic pharmacy and the Zoroastrian Homeopathic Pharmacy Annexe

I have a Bachelor's degree in homeopathic medicine and surgery from the University of Mumbai.

I had topped the University and was felicitated for the same.