Homeopathy/Bartholin cyst

Hello.  I was recently diagnosed with a Bartholin cyst.  Because it was inflamed, I was prescribed an antibiotic to cure any infection.  I did some research on Bartholin cysts and the only traditional treatment for this is to lance the cyst to allow the gland to drain.  I've been seeking an alternative.  I would like to start taking silica, as I've read it is very effective for such ailments.  However, I would like to complete the antibiotic.  Can I take the silica and antibiotic at the same time?

Hi Kim!
You can take a homeopathic remedy and an antibiotic at the same time. Usually, I use only homeopathy to get rid of an infection or inflammation since antibiotics are the big guns and they tend to create too much of a problem to the whole organism when you take them. You can use a probiotics for the next 2-3 months, eat yogurt and do other natural things to repopulate your gut with beneficial bacteria since the antibiotics tend to destroy those, leading to candida, yeast and gut problems.

Silica in low potency - 12C or 30C can help with infection, but there are also other great remedies - Hepar sul., Pyrogenium, Sabina.
Start with one remedy, try for a few days, taking it 2-3 times a day. Change to another remedy if it is not working.

Good luck!

Ati Petrov DHHP, DIHom (Pract.)

I can answer questions about homeopathy, sequential treatment and heilkunst - who can be treated, what the treatment is for different ailments. German New Medicine can help you understand your symptoms as they relate to a particular emotional shock and can show you if you are still ill or already healing.

My experience in holistic medicine began with my own preference for a natural and non-medicinal lifestyle. This lead me to my introduction to homeopathy when I realized there were safe and exceptionally effective medciines i could give to my children instead of pills. The more I learned about homeopathy, the more it made sense, so I took the courses, worked at a clinic and started working with patients soon after. I have been practising for 8 years now and every day I continue to learn from my clients and from the many interesting courses I take to complement what I already do. Today I incorporate knowledge from German New Medicine, Orgonomy, Anthroposophy and many other intersting fields, including informational and vibrational medicine when I work with clients. And the additional expertise helps me see a more complex picture of what is needed to help the person.

ANN - The Association of Naturopaths and Natural Therapists, Canada.

DHHP - Practitioner diploma in Heilkunst from the Hahmemann College for Heilkunst DIHom (Pract) - practitioner diploma in homeopathy from the British Institute of Homeopathy German New Medicine Certificate for all taken courses Masters Diploma (MA) in Canadian Studies, Carleton University, Canada Masters Diploma (MA) in Book Design and Illustration, Sofia Fine Arts Academy

My clients are from all over the world and from all continents. They are of all ages, with the majority being female, as women seem to gravitate more toward the holistic.