Homeopathy/Bad Stomach Ache

Question
Hi

I've been getting pretty severe stomach aches only before meals, it's definitely not just normal hunger as I'm eating the same amount I've always had. The pain had been just below the belly button but lately its near my lower right abdominal. After i eat the pain is gone, for 2-3 hours.

Answer
Dear Naim,

I suggest that you first have a medical examination to rule out a few possibilities like ulcers, diverticulitis or appendix problems. There are so many reasons why you may be having the pain.

How long have you had the pain now? When it first started, do you remember anything else happening at that time - another health problem, surgery, life stress, or any particular change in your life that caused distress? Are there any other symptoms that appear or disappear with the pain? Do you have other illnesses? Do you also get diarrhea or constipation>

There are many, many remedies for pain in the stomach and intestine, but to select the right one for you, I need a little more information. Here are some examples of good remedies:

Ipecac.- Cutting and pinching in the abdomen (as from a hand, each finger sharply pressing into intestines), < in the highest degree by movement, > by repose.─Pinching pain in both hypochondria, and in region of pit of stomach.─Pain, as from excoriation in the abdomen.─Colic, with agitation, tossing, and cries (in children).─Colic, with cramp-like pains.─Incisive pains, in the umbilical region, with shuddering.─Flatulent colic, with frequent diarrhœic stools.─Colic of strangulated hernia.

Iodum-Abdominal pains, which return after every meal.─Inflation of the abdomen.─Incarceration of flatulence (l. side of abdomen).─Enlargement of the abdomen, which renders it impossible to lie down without danger of suffocation.─Region of liver sore to pressure; swelling and hypertrophy of liver; jaundice.─Hard, painful swelling of the spleen.─Cramp-like pains in the abdomen.─Violent colic.─Pains in the abdomen, like those of parturition.─Swelling and inflammation of the mesenteric glands.─Pancreas enlarged; whitish, whey-like diarrhœa.─Abdominal pulsations; throbbing of abdominal aorta.─Trembling in the abdomen, from the pit of the stomach to the periphery, with increased heat.─Hard swelling of the inguinal glands.

Dioscorea-Constant distress in the umbilical and hypogastric regions, with severe cutting, colic-like pains every few minutes in stomach and small intestines.─Griping, cramping pains in the umbilical region.─Rumbling in the bowels, and passing large quantities of flatulence.─Flatulence after meals; wind colic, but with little or no hepatic derangement.─Discharges of offensive flatus.─Twisting and sharp cutting pains in the bowels.─Bowels sore and tender on pressure.

Terebenthina-Great but obscure pains in lower abdomen.─Sensation of pressure outwards in inguina, as if caused by a hernia.─Painful swelling of inguinal glands.

There are tens of other remedies that can also help, depending on what is the problem and as you can see, on what other details there are. Let me know.

Warmly,
Ati

Homeopathy

Ati Petrov DHHP, DIHom (Pract.)