Homeopathy/Toe Cramps

The question is regarding my grandmother who is about 75 years old.
I live in a locality that is very cold these days, the temperature being very low.
Almost everyday she experiences cramps in the toes. The toes harden and twist, as I can best put it.
We are not able to understand much of a cause, though she believes it to be related to neurological reasons.

Since the cold weather is quite clearly the stimulating element according to us, we take good care of keeping the feet warm in all possible ways.  But even that proves to be of almost no help.

Sir, regarding the guidelines specified by you, being old she would have quite some more ailments. Thus, I am not specifying anything, because we donot think that would affect this.

Kindly guide us with what can be done about this. I would be highly greatful.

Thanking you,

Please note that the fact that her problem gets worse in winter means that her problem is less neurological and more circulatory. I suggest that you put her on a mixture of Crataegus oxycantha and Arnica montana, both in mother tincture form and mixed in equal proportions. Give her 15 drops from the mixture in half a glass of water thrice daily for a month or two. If she responds well, you can give this to her lifelong. It will protect her heart and improve her overall blood circulation too. Also give her garlic preparation such as Ranbaxy's garlic pearls, one capsule thrice daily; or Himalaya's lasuna capsules, one capsule twice daily. This again is absolutely safe and will not only help her circulation, but will also improve her immunity and digestion. I am certain she will feel better with these medicines. Further, please ensure that she walks and also exercises her toes and feet when in bed or in sitting posture at least three times daily. This will also facilitate better blood flow to her toes. Get her serum calcium and electrolyte levels tested too, as low levels of the same can also trigger cramps in the smaller as well as larger muscles of the body. Thank you.  

Dr. Prasad R. Chandragiri

I can answer any question related to homeopathy and medicine in general. I can give information on Yoga and meditation, and some tips on naturopathy too. Being well aware of the scope and limitations about the various schools of medicine, I can guide the patients as to which therapeutic protocol would be ideal for them and I can also brief them about the probable diagnosis and prognosis for a particular case. Patients do not know that ancillary and auxiliary modes of treatment such as diet, regimen, and other non-medicinal procedures are vital in the long term treatment and prophylaxis of a particular disease. These details can also be provided to them by me.

I have ten years experience in the field. Having worked with two of the oldest homeopathic pharmacies in India as their Homeopathic Consultant, I have successfully treated thousands of patients to date.

I was a Homeopathic Consultant for the Banaji Homeopathic pharmacy and the Zoroastrian Homeopathic Pharmacy Annexe

I have a Bachelor's degree in homeopathic medicine and surgery from the University of Mumbai.

I had topped the University and was felicitated for the same.