Homeopathy/Anxiety

Question
Hi Dr., My dad (72 years) who had vision only in one eye due to a failed cataract operation 28 years back recently started losing his vision in that one good eye. This has led to anxiety and depression. He complains of fear (of loneliness).
Could you please prescribe homeopathic medicine/s for anxiety/ depression.

Philip

Answer
Dear Philip,
         First and foremost, his fear and anxiety are justified. It is very natural for a person who has been seeing normally to be afraid of being thrown into darkness for the rest of his life. Please consult a good ophthalmologist to check if his vision can be at least preserved if not restored. If he is a case of macular degeneration, there are ways of slowing down the degenerative process. Please give your father Five-phos 6X, 4 tablets thrice daily; and Argentum nitricum 30C, 4 pills thrice daily; for a month. Let us see if he improves physically as well as mentally. Thank you.

Homeopathy

Dr. Prasad R. Chandragiri