My doctor recently found a dermoid cyst on my left ovary as well as a fibroid on my uterus. I had a dermoid cyst reoccur three times on my right ovary before the doctor decided to remove my right ovary. It has been ten years and now I have one on my left ovary. After researching the Internet, I have read that Silicea can help in shrinking the cyst.  In addition, Iíve also read about applying tea tree oil 5% diluted to the area as well. What are you thoughts? If Silicea, can help what dosage or how long should one take it? Thank you.

Additional Information:
I've always had heavy cycles and cramping since I was 11. At the age of 25, I was told I had endometriosis. The results from my last physical were within normal range. It wasn't until recently that I am now borderline anemic. I assume it is due to having increased menstrual cycles (every two weeks). Within the last month it has subsided and returned back to once every 30 days. My cycles last about 5 to 7 days. They are usually heavy but the last one was not. There is no history of dermoid cyst in family but there is a history of fibroids.

Silicea has a reputation of dissolving fibrous tissues and thereby shrinking some tumors, but I don't think it will help to treat a dermoid cyst. If you need to try a specific remedy, you could start with Lapis alba instead. It is prepared from Calcium silicofluoride. Thus, it also contains Silica. Take it in the 30C potency, taking 4 pills thrice daily for 2 months. Depending on how you respond to this medicine, we can plan the next prescription. External applications usually do not affect such deeply-seated organs. However, you can try the tea tree oil option, if you wish to. Thank you.

Dr. Prasad R. Chandragiri

I can answer any question related to homeopathy and medicine in general. I can give information on Yoga and meditation, and some tips on naturopathy too. Being well aware of the scope and limitations about the various schools of medicine, I can guide the patients as to which therapeutic protocol would be ideal for them and I can also brief them about the probable diagnosis and prognosis for a particular case. Patients do not know that ancillary and auxiliary modes of treatment such as diet, regimen, and other non-medicinal procedures are vital in the long term treatment and prophylaxis of a particular disease. These details can also be provided to them by me.

I have ten years experience in the field. Having worked with two of the oldest homeopathic pharmacies in India as their Homeopathic Consultant, I have successfully treated thousands of patients to date.

I was a Homeopathic Consultant for the Banaji Homeopathic pharmacy and the Zoroastrian Homeopathic Pharmacy Annexe

I have a Bachelor's degree in homeopathic medicine and surgery from the University of Mumbai.

I had topped the University and was felicitated for the same.