Homeopathy/herniated disk

Question
Hi Ati,

i have a herniated disk l5-s1 ( i think ) and it is going on for more than 2 years , i have been taking anti inflammatory for quite some time now.

i used to have pain in my thighs , pain in calf and lower back. but suddenly the pain has reduced ( which i used to have it)  but i now i have numbness in buttocks groin and legs and some sensation at back of of head like something insects are there.

Please let me know if that can be cured Homeopathy?
i can share the MRI scan if you want with drop box.

Age :34
Smoker

Answer
Dear Nitin,

Are you sure your disc is herniated? What was the diagnosis from the MRI, by a doctor - what was observed?

If the reason for this problem is not a physical injury, a physical or skeletal mis-alignment or an internal swelling pushing on a nerve, than it is possible that this problem is the result from holding too much muscular tension in this are, possibly leading to limited movement and nerve irritation.

Muscular tension can be caused by bad posture and repetitive movement, but it can also result from stress in life that causes a person to hold tension in one or another place in the body.

Treatment can be quite different depending on which is the actual cause for this. Meanwhile, massage, chiropractic, osteopathy or physiotherapy can provide some extra diagnosis and also help in adjusting the lower back, sacrum and hips.

There are so many remedies that can be useful for lower back pain, that I am not sure where to even look - your symptoms are specific, but in homeopathy they can point to more than a handful of remedies. It is not certain if the numbness is part of a natural healing process (as is often then case) or if it may be caused by medication (as a side effect) or by pressure on the spine and nerves in that area.

Two good remedies for sciatica and numbness: Silicea or Calcarea phis. and you can try them in 30C or 200C potency for a while and see if it is better.
Cocculus is another possible choice. Try the remedies one by one to see which works.
I don't need the MRI and it is best if you talk to a homeopath who can take your full case and select a remedy with more precision.

Warmly,
Ati

Homeopathy

Ati Petrov DHHP, DIHom (Pract.)