Homeopathy/Homeopathy Anti Pyretic Medicine

Respected Sir,
         I am an old man and  a believer in Homeopathy.For my 6 year old grandson I want to maintain with Homeopathy.But one problem I am facing that with rising fever(normal for a child)even the Homeopaths recommend Allopathy Medicine Paracetamol to reduce the fever.My question is whether there is really  no good Homeopathy Anti Pyretic Medicine to reduce the fever,so that frquent use of Paracetamol can be avoided ,as it damages the liver with regular uses.
    Kindly intimate with the dosage instruction.With thanks

Dear Kalyan,

There are wonderful homeopathic remedies that are useful in childhood fevers.
The best known one is Belladona, used in fevers that rise suddenly and the child had a flushed face and cheeks, glistening eyes and feels hot all over, so hot that it radiates heat. Sometimes children can have hallucinations or seizures if fever rises too fast, but seldom is a fever a sign for fear. In fact, it is a good stimulator for the immune system and has a role to play in health.

Another good remedy is Aconite, especially if the child gets a fever after being chilled. Usually it is given at onset of fevers.

Gelsemium is a great remedy when the child looks really droopy and sleepy and tired.

Ferrum phos. is a good remedy at onset of fever when there are no clear symptoms yet.

Then there is the Pulsatilla fever - the child wants to be held and comforted and feel suffocated in a warm room.

There are many more - for example, Chamomilla, for a child that is unconsolable and cries no matter what you do.

Of course, fevers have different causes - a chill, a cold, ear aches, sore throats. This is also important in the  choice of remedies, but the ones above are quite common.

Remedies are given in potencies and for children and in acute fevers, the 200C potency is best, or if that is not available, 30C.
Give one dose every 15 minutes. A good sign you got the right remedy is if the child falls asleep.

I hope this helps,

Ati Petrov DHHP, DIHom (Pract.)

I can answer questions about homeopathy, sequential treatment and heilkunst - who can be treated, what the treatment is for different ailments. German New Medicine can help you understand your symptoms as they relate to a particular emotional shock and can show you if you are still ill or already healing.

My experience in holistic medicine began with my own preference for a natural and non-medicinal lifestyle. This lead me to my introduction to homeopathy when I realized there were safe and exceptionally effective medciines i could give to my children instead of pills. The more I learned about homeopathy, the more it made sense, so I took the courses, worked at a clinic and started working with patients soon after. I have been practising for 8 years now and every day I continue to learn from my clients and from the many interesting courses I take to complement what I already do. Today I incorporate knowledge from German New Medicine, Orgonomy, Anthroposophy and many other intersting fields, including informational and vibrational medicine when I work with clients. And the additional expertise helps me see a more complex picture of what is needed to help the person.

ANN - The Association of Naturopaths and Natural Therapists, Canada.

DHHP - Practitioner diploma in Heilkunst from the Hahmemann College for Heilkunst DIHom (Pract) - practitioner diploma in homeopathy from the British Institute of Homeopathy German New Medicine Certificate for all taken courses Masters Diploma (MA) in Canadian Studies, Carleton University, Canada Masters Diploma (MA) in Book Design and Illustration, Sofia Fine Arts Academy

My clients are from all over the world and from all continents. They are of all ages, with the majority being female, as women seem to gravitate more toward the holistic.