Homeopathy/Acid Reflux/Cough

I have had a cough for about 9 years and I have never smoked in my life. After seeing numerous doctors, each stated that my lungs were clear and I did not have any sinus issues. One doctor determined it was due to acid reflux. He advised me to take Nexium and prop up my pillows and avoid certain foods. I do not suffer any stomach issues,no pain or discomfort. I don't suffer from heartburn and I don't regurgitate my food, I just cough. I do feel mucous in my throat.I don't cough at all when I am asleep. It is worse after eating certain types of foods, dairy, bread or after an occasional soft drink. I have noticed that when I did a cleanse of strictly vegetables my cough reduced significantly. In addition, when I stopped taking the Nexium my cough seemed worse. I have tried DGL Licorice and slippery elm. The DGL Licorice hasn't caused any problems. Yet, when I take the slippery elm I cough even more. It is a dry cough, no mucous.  I do consume a probiotic and aloe vera juice. Am I on the right path with the DGL Licorice and the slipper elm?

Yes, if your cough is related to acid reflux, Licorice will be of help. If slipper elm doesn't suit you, please stop it. I would recommend homeopathic Natrum phosphoricum 6X, 4 tablets thrice daily for a month instead, as it is absolutely safe. It will naturally reduce the hyperacidity and decrease the reflux. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables will always help you as they are alkaline in nature. Thank you.

Dr. Prasad R. Chandragiri

I can answer any question related to homeopathy and medicine in general. I can give information on Yoga and meditation, and some tips on naturopathy too. Being well aware of the scope and limitations about the various schools of medicine, I can guide the patients as to which therapeutic protocol would be ideal for them and I can also brief them about the probable diagnosis and prognosis for a particular case. Patients do not know that ancillary and auxiliary modes of treatment such as diet, regimen, and other non-medicinal procedures are vital in the long term treatment and prophylaxis of a particular disease. These details can also be provided to them by me.

I have ten years experience in the field. Having worked with two of the oldest homeopathic pharmacies in India as their Homeopathic Consultant, I have successfully treated thousands of patients to date.

I was a Homeopathic Consultant for the Banaji Homeopathic pharmacy and the Zoroastrian Homeopathic Pharmacy Annexe

I have a Bachelor's degree in homeopathic medicine and surgery from the University of Mumbai.

I had topped the University and was felicitated for the same.