Homeopathy/Rosacea

Question
I am an African American woman with rosacea, I am 44 years old.  I was diagnosed when I came to Louisiana, 2013. I didn't have it when I lived in California. Initially, I was constantly red on my cheeks and on the side of my face. I tried many things until I was able to get it to a mild state. I went to a dermatologist who prescribed Minocycline and metro gel. Honestly, I don't see any significant difference in my skin. I am still mostly red on cheeks but it is mild. I do notice that it flares up during my menstrual cycle. At that time, my whole face gets inflamed. I also have a three dark spots on face.I am not sure if that is due to my hormones or not.  I do not tan and I do wear sun protection. I do suffer from acid reflux, as I am not sure if that affects the rosacea.  No one in my family suffers from rosacea. My mom and brother were acne sufferers as was I.

Presently, I use a facial cleansing powder with the following ingredients: Superfine Organic Oat Flour, Organic Corn Starch, Kaolinite, Dry Goat Milk, Chamomile Extract, Green Tea Extract, Licorice Extract.

Is there a better alternative to Minocycline and metro gel? Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hello,
     It would be advisable for you to see a good homeopath close to you for constitutional treatment; however, if you wish to try some homeopathic specific remedies first, you can take Kalium bromatum 30C, 4 pills thrice daily; and Calcarea sulphuricum 3X, 4 tablets thrice daily, for a month. Please use a normal soap that will hep to remove the excessive sebaceous secretions of your skin. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water and consume fresh fruits and vegetables every day. Avoid red meat, as it can worsen any inflammatory processes in the body. Thank you.

Homeopathy

Dr. Prasad R. Chandragiri