Homeopathy/side effects of homeopathy for prolonged treatment

Can Prolong use of homeopathy medicine cause side effects?
e.g. usually vitilgo treatment takes years to get result, in such case is there any possibility of side effects?

Dear Narayan, you are welcome

It is a highly technical question however I will try to explain it briefly and clearly.

1. First of all I would like to tell you that homeopathic remedies have no side effects. Homeopathic remedies have only effects which are known as “proving symptoms” or the “remedy symptoms”. All remedies have their own unique, well known and documented “collective effects” or proving symptoms.

2. Homeopathic remedies are prescribed on the “totality of patient’s symptoms”. As long as the disease is present and the remedy is matching or indicated, patient will not experience any extra or unpleasant symptoms (you may call it side effects).

3. With the passage of time and with the improvement in health, remedy becomes partially indicated. This is the time when patient starts feeling some extra symptoms, and this is the indication to switch to the next homeopathic remedy, and now we must have to change the remedy.

4. It is almost impossible to continue with the same remedy throughout the treatment. Patient’symptoms change continually with the improvement in health. For example, the patient may feel less, little or no pain. His attitude towards his disease will also change, e.g., from sad, gloomy, utter despair and hopelessness to cheerful and hopefulness. Therefore, we must have to change the remedy with the change in symptoms. If the same remedy corresponds with the symptoms then the patient will not feel any side effects, but if the remedy is not matching the patient will feel some extra symptoms. And this is the time the patient should consult his doctor for fresh prescription.

Hope I have answered your question clearly.

Dr. Sultan Mahmud
August 14, 2015  

Sultan Mahmud

I can answer all questions regarding treatment of mental, emotional, and physical diseases by homeopathy.

I have treated a variety of patients, like acute and chronic cases, cardiac patients, cases of advanced pathology, and psychiatric patients.

I have self published six books on homeopathy.

Government recognized Diploma in homeopathy, D.H.M.S. and I am a registered homeopathic practitioner.