Homeopathy/bilateral avascular necrosis of hip

QUESTION: I was diagnosed with bilateral avascular necrosis of hip 3 months ago. I have been having pain since last October. My doctor prescribed me calcarea fluorica 6x thrice daily four tablets. The initial result was good as the morning stiffness decreased. But now the recovery seems to have come to a halt. I do not feel any better. I have to walk very slowly. I cannot bend my back. I am a student staying away from home. This is a big set back. Should I continue with the same treatment or should I ask my doctor to prescribe other medications? I am willing to be patience in time needed for recovery but I am not sure if recovery is taking place at all.

ANSWER: Dear Sourav,
         Please keep reviewing your pathology radiologically to see if the condition is progressing. Only Calcarea fluoricum may not help. You should speak to your doctor again and tell him about how you feel. You certainly need medicines that can tackle the cause of the problem. You should learn yogasanas and do them daily. Increase your intake of garlic, turmeric, ginger, asafetida, and cinnamon by including them in your diet every day. Also, learn acupressure or reflexology and practice it along with regular massages with warm castor oil. All this will go a long way in helping you out surely and safely. Thank you.  

QUESTION: Thank you very much doctor. I will definitely ask my doctor. What type of yogasanas should I do taking into consideration my pain and limited mobility? I meditate daily for half an hour in the morning.

Dear Sourav,
         Although the orthopedic doctors advise otherwise, I always advise my patients to do any exercise that stretches the limbs and spine, besides improving the range of movements. So, go ahead and do yogasanas such as dhanurasana, halasana, padmasana, and chakrasana; however, do them slowly and gently. All these exercises have a direct impact on the hip joint. Never force yourself. Your mobility will improve with time. Thank you.  

Dr. Prasad R. Chandragiri

I can answer any question related to homeopathy and medicine in general. I can give information on Yoga and meditation, and some tips on naturopathy too. Being well aware of the scope and limitations about the various schools of medicine, I can guide the patients as to which therapeutic protocol would be ideal for them and I can also brief them about the probable diagnosis and prognosis for a particular case. Patients do not know that ancillary and auxiliary modes of treatment such as diet, regimen, and other non-medicinal procedures are vital in the long term treatment and prophylaxis of a particular disease. These details can also be provided to them by me.

I have ten years experience in the field. Having worked with two of the oldest homeopathic pharmacies in India as their Homeopathic Consultant, I have successfully treated thousands of patients to date.

I was a Homeopathic Consultant for the Banaji Homeopathic pharmacy and the Zoroastrian Homeopathic Pharmacy Annexe

I have a Bachelor's degree in homeopathic medicine and surgery from the University of Mumbai.

I had topped the University and was felicitated for the same.