I am 74, a diabetic. I really do not have any symptoms though it was diagnosed over 15 years ago. Probably I feel affected by neuropathy. I mean dysfunction. I am now taking Duo trol half tablet before lunch and half before dinner. I am a believer of homeopathy. Can you please advise. Thanks

You are on an obsolete preparation, as duotrol contains metformin and glibenclamide. Diabetologists worldwide firmly believe that glibenclamide is the worst of the sulphonylurea group of drugs, as it leads to pancreatic beta cell failure and is also associated with a higher risk of hypoglycemia. It will be better for you to follow a diabetic diet, go for 30-minute slow walks twice daily, do spinal stretching exercises, and switch to a high-dose, sustained-release metformin-only product. If needed, an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor such as acarbose or voglibose can be added. These are much safer in the long run. You can speak to your doctor about this. As from the homeopathic standpoint, you will get best results by opting for constitutional treatment from a homeopath close to you, who will elicit your case history in great detail before prescribing for you. If you wish to try a specific homeopathic medicine for neuropathy, you can take Uranium nitricum 3X, thrice daily, the number of tablets to be taken each time being dependent on their size. You will have to follow the instructions on the label, as different manufacturers produce varying products. Consuming Jamun powder (available from any Ayurvedic pharmacy) and any preparation containing methylcobalamine (available from any allopathic druggist) will also help to reduce the neuropathy. Thank you.  

Dr. Prasad R. Chandragiri

I can answer any question related to homeopathy and medicine in general. I can give information on Yoga and meditation, and some tips on naturopathy too. Being well aware of the scope and limitations about the various schools of medicine, I can guide the patients as to which therapeutic protocol would be ideal for them and I can also brief them about the probable diagnosis and prognosis for a particular case. Patients do not know that ancillary and auxiliary modes of treatment such as diet, regimen, and other non-medicinal procedures are vital in the long term treatment and prophylaxis of a particular disease. These details can also be provided to them by me.

I have ten years experience in the field. Having worked with two of the oldest homeopathic pharmacies in India as their Homeopathic Consultant, I have successfully treated thousands of patients to date.

I was a Homeopathic Consultant for the Banaji Homeopathic pharmacy and the Zoroastrian Homeopathic Pharmacy Annexe

I have a Bachelor's degree in homeopathic medicine and surgery from the University of Mumbai.

I had topped the University and was felicitated for the same.