Honda Repair/1998 CRV

Question
Hi- I am being told by my Honda dealer that I need all my hoses replaced.  I haven't had any leakage or trouble with the car.  They said they would purchase the kit and replace all hoses, which would run about $700-800.  I've called 3 other dealers in the area, and they told me I can just replace 1 or 2 at a time & they don't purchase hose kits.  The car has about 130,000 miles & I love it!  Gas mileage after all these years is still awesome.

Do I really need to replace them all at the same time?

Thanks!
Diane

Answer
It is highly unlikely that you need all of your hoses replaced. Unless there has been some problem that has affected all of the hoses they don't need to be replaced all at once. My 1991 Honda has some hoses that have never been replaced and it has 215,000 miles on it.

You might consider taking it to one of the other dealers and ask them to check and see if any hoses need replacement. You might also consider taking it to an independent repair shop to see what they say.  

Honda Repair

Steve Porter