Honda Repair/2003 Honda Civic EX Front Wheel Collision

I was run off the road and hit a curb pretty hard with my front passenger side wheel. I blew the tire and bent the wheel.  I replaced the wheel and tire.  The alignment is off terribly (I have to hold the steering wheel almost 90 degrees to the left) and it makes an odd grinding and popping sound often now especially when braking.  My question is what could be the problem(s) causing the grinding and popping?

There are several things that probably happened when you hit the curb. You probably bent the control arm, possible bent the steering linkage and maybe even bent the axle. Most of this damage will probably be obvious, but some may not be.

I hope this helps.  

Honda Repair

Steve Porter

I can answer most any common auto repair question. The only questions that I can't really answer are questions that would take lots of in-person time to diagnose.

I've been an automotive technician for about 10 years. I started as a technician then moved into management.

Associates Degree in Automotive Technology