Honduras/travel tips


QUESTION: hello,i want to know as much as possible about driving through the boarder from Mexico to Guatemala and Guatemala to Honduras and Honduras to costa Rica. what is need it for personal papers and for the car as well. thank you for your help.

ANSWER: Hello,

In order to drive through Honduras you will need your passport and the title and registration of the vehicle in your name.

good luck!

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Thank you for your answer. But is that what I need to drive through Honduras. What about going through the border from Guatemala to Honduras and from Honduras to Nicaragua. Thank you for your help...

Most countries do not require US citizens to have a Visa so I imagine your passport and driver's license will be enough as personal identification. As for your vehicle's documents I can only tell you what they require in Honduras. I imagine they all have similar customs laws and the requirements should be similar as well.  


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I can answer just about any question about Honduras. I have lived here for 23 years and am currently involved with the tourism industry. I love to travel and therefore can provide many tips for travelers not only to Honduras but other countries as well.


Resident of Honduras for 23 years. Extensive travel to many countries around the world.

College graduate

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.