Honduras/visiting honduras

i am just getting my passport and am thinking about visiting honduras .everyone i tell say im crazy becase its the most dangerous place in the world.i may be going to someones house in the central district.too risky??

Hi Blaze, you have to be careful not to go into the wrong neighborhoods or stay out too late. The capital is not too bad as long as you know where to go, hopefully the people at the place you're staying at can guide you in this sense.
If it was me I'd stick to Roatan and Utila, it's a lot safer there and you get to go to some of the best places Honduras has to offer.

I can answer just about any question about Honduras. I have lived here for 23 years and am currently involved with the tourism industry. I love to travel and therefore can provide many tips for travelers not only to Honduras but other countries as well.

Resident of Honduras for 23 years. Extensive travel to many countries around the world.

College graduate