Horror Books/looking for an old children's monster book

Could you help me locate a book my daughter had when she was a child and has been looking for it ever since? It is a paperback book about monsters and mythical beast from the American Southwest. It has pencil drawing illustrations in black and white, probably published in the lates 1970s or early 1980s. Thank you so much.

I don't recognize the book off-hand, but try entering a general heading into your search engine as "monsters (or beasts) of the American Southwest" and you may be able to locate the book.  Enter the same heading into the catalogue of the Library of Congress.  Joel

Horror Books

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about horror novels. I am familiar with the history of horror writing, major writers and works.

I am a fan of horror novels. I have contributed book reviews, stories, and poetry to vampire ezines, including the Count Dracula Fan Club. I published an article in FATE magazine on the appeal of vampires.

Newsletter of the Count Dracula Fan Club, book reviews and monographs FATE Magazine (articles and book reviews) The Anomalist (an online zine) Horrorwood (an ezine about horror films)

BA, Oral Roberts University MA, McCormick Theological Seminary