Horror Film/the title of a ghost movie

Fat Kart wrote at 2009-12-04 07:47:59
I don't know if we are talking about the same movie here, but I am currently looking for a very similar film(the setup is the same: the old house, rich lady, ancient and expensive furniture, dark mood... and a moving painting).

So if we are talking about the same thing, I might as well add what I remember from it so maybe it would ring a bell to someone...?

"A woman is standing up the stairs, in the main hall. On the wall, there is a painting of what seems to be an old cemetery. I guess it also shows the mansion itself."

"But as the woman stares at the painting, a hole appears near one of the tombstone. The woman starts to freak a bit. Then the painting shows an old coffin raising from the hole; the coffin eventually opens and reveals... a rotten corpse, of course!"

"As she really starts to panic, the painting then shows the coffin with the missing corpse: there are muddy footprints going towards the house."

"She waits to see what will happen... wait... wait... something starts to ram into the front door, so the girl just pass out and (I think) fall down the stairs."

Well, I don't know if I helped or add confusion but thats the movie I'm looking for as well!

And by the way, sorry if I made mistakes - my english is quite rusty! :P

jason3434 wrote at 2012-11-17 05:59:04
i have seen this movie too....exactly the suicide off the cliff  he painting,,,,i want to know what this movie was too.  if    it wa like late 80's fore surePLZ SOMEONE TELL US

Horror Film

Kate