Horror Film/Horror Movies

What makes a horror movie scary?
What makes people feel afraid during scary movies?

Well just speaking from a personal view of Horror movies....What makes a horror movie scary can be a number of things....for example sometimes its just the "pop up scare" as I would call them....meaning you are say watching a character in a movie and he/she is exploring a old deserted house and he opens the attic door and out pops a killer! You jump in your seat from being scared! Sometimes its the music that can make a seen scary like in JAWS or one of the Friday the 13th know from the music that something bad is about to happen and you are waiting on you get a bit scared waiting for the bad thing to happen. Other times its what is actually happening in the scene that you might be scared of...for example snakes,spiders, etc...if you are naturally scared of snakes...and the scene shows a room full of snakes slithering around on the floor....its going to scare you! I like scary movies that relie on suspense and atmosphere more than "blood and guts" to scare me. Some people like the movies to be "bloody" to give them a scare.

Hope this helps you with what you were looking for!

Horror Film

Danny Ausbrooks

I have been a movie fan all my life,especially scary/horror type movies. I am a trivia buff in general but I am especially good at movies.If someone I know doesn`t know the answer to a trivia question, I am the person they call. My knowledge of horror movies would be from the late 60`s to presentI feel that I would be an asset to the site and I do enjoy helping others with questions that have them stumped.

Basically watching movies of all types(especailly scary type)since I was very young.I have an above average memory that I benefit from when playing most any kind of trivia game.I am someone that friends and family count on when they need the answer to a question that has them stumped.