Horror Film/WATCH ME

Question
I was wondering would you please tell me: is it a fact that if some people watch scary movies at night, they will get nightmares?

If the answer in "yes, its a fact" would you please explain to me why does this happen?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer in a easy way that I can understand)
Thanks

Answer
Again, I cannot say it is a FACT but I know that it happens with many people including myself. I would say that it happens because when you watch something "happen" like the things that go in movies/tv shows, your brain "remembers" those scenes just like it does when you see things in "real life" and those memories are stored for recalling them at some point. When you are dreaming....your brain will sometimes pull your memories either from real life or other things you have seen happen. Plus I have found that certain things I have "seen" recently will effect my dreams right after I have seen them....SO when you watch a scary movie and it has an impression on you....and then you go right to bed/sleep, many times you will dream about what you just saw. I hope this helps!

Well, I guess this is just my opinion as I am not a doctor or psychologist....But....I would say that YES ,watching scary movies can effect your dreams. I know that is the case with me....funny but at one point when I was younger, my parents would not let me watch scary movies at night because I did have a lot of nightmares! As I got older it didnt happen as much but I still believe what you see/watch in your everyday life will at times effect your dreams/nightmares. I hope this answer your question.

Horror Film

Danny Ausbrooks