Horror Film/Bio voodoo theme

Question
So the last two horror movies I watched were The Conjuring and Evil Dead, in which both movies had possessed women that seem to have had some type of biological pathogen involved in their possession. In the Conjuring the chick basically spit up the evil spirit in the end and in Evil Dead the main possessee also either bit or vomited on a victim to transmit the possession. Why did the director do it like that. When did a ghost have to give somebody a virus to possess them. Are there any myths out there that explain the bio voodoo theme in these horror movies.

Answer
I saw both of those movies too...But I didnt see it as a "virus" really....the movie was trying to say that due to her being possessed by the evil spirit it took a toll on her health...it was making her sick not a virus but the evil of the spirit. I hope that helps!

Take care, Danny

Horror Film

Danny Ausbrooks