Horror Film/Horror Movie Expertise Needed

Question
Hello! I'm working on a story about porcelain dolls and why people find them so creepy. I was wondering if you could sort of fill me in on the major movies that instilled this fear of dolls in people.

Thanks!
Sarah

Answer
Ah....the scary dolls phobia! Not sure when it started but yes LOTS of people are creept out by dolls just like some people are scared of clowns. Here are some of the movies I can think of:

-Dead of Night (1945)
-This is one of the first ones I can remember..."Talking Tina" from the Twilight Zone episode!
-Magic - it is about a scary ventriloquist doll (here is a link to the movies traile... I couldn't even watch the trailer without getting scared! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx7smh7YHKg

-Trilogy of Terror - the Tiki Doll( this one also scared the crap out of me as a kid!)
-Dolly Dearest
-Dolls
-Child's Play (the Chucky movies)
-Puppet Master (technically puppests but close enough and VERY creepy!)
-Poltergeist (combining two scary things....a creepy clown doll!)
-** a fairly new one is the creepy doll for THE CONJURING....Annabelle ( I read she is getting her own movie soon)

Hope this helps....good luck on your story!

Horror Film

Danny Ausbrooks