Horror Film/YOU SCARE ME

Question
(This is not a spam question or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please tell me: is it a fact that if some people watch scary movies at night, they will get nightmares?

If it is a fact, would you please explain to me in a simple way that I can understand: why is that?

Thanks

Answer
Cameron, you are right in that there is no definitive research to show that watching scary movies will cause you to have nightmares....Many people do say that it does! I am one of those. I have always loved scary monster type movies but when i was young ...I would always have scary dreams..the kind that would wake me up screaming sometimes(LOL)but as I got older I actually found a way for me to kind of "control" my dreams and I wouldn't have as many bad dreams. Now I can normally watch a scary movie with very little effect on my dreams. I would say for those it does effect it would be because the images of the scary movie would be one of the last things that your brain is processing before you go to bed. I hope this helps you out.

Take care, Danny

Horror Film

Danny Ausbrooks