Horror Film/Haunted painting?

I remember seeing a trailer for a film when I was a kid in the 70's. I don't remember much except that the film seemed to center around the painting of a man above a fireplace. The eyes of the painting would recess into the painting and be replaced by two REALLY CREEPY eyes. I'm afraid that's all I can remember, but can you help me with what this film is?

Tim, I would love to try and help you but I am afraid that this is just too little info. A painting with creepy eyes has just been in SO many movies....that I just couldn't find your movie just from that. Can you think of any other scenes or details in the trailer.

Thanks, Danny

Horror Film

Danny Ausbrooks

I have been a movie fan all my life,especially scary/horror type movies. I am a trivia buff in general but I am especially good at movies.If someone I know doesn`t know the answer to a trivia question, I am the person they call. My knowledge of horror movies would be from the late 60`s to presentI feel that I would be an asset to the site and I do enjoy helping others with questions that have them stumped.

Basically watching movies of all types(especailly scary type)since I was very young.I have an above average memory that I benefit from when playing most any kind of trivia game.I am someone that friends and family count on when they need the answer to a question that has them stumped.