Horror Film/What's the name of this movie ?

Question
I remember this one scene of a horror movie that haunted me since I was a child and the scene was a selfish boy trying to reach ice cream from a laundry chute or little elevator type thing from his maids
The boy fell trying to reach the ice cream and died
I know it had something to do with a haunting
Do you recognize the scene and the name of the movie ?

Answer
Hey Kat, nevermind...I think I found what you are looking for. It was actually a TV episode of GOOSEBUMPS called "The Headless Ghost". The whole episode is on YOUTUBE

What year is the movie from? Remember any other scenes...any info? I will try to work on this for you but more information would be good. Thanks, Danny

Horror Film

Danny Ausbrooks