Horse Racing/blistering

hello sir, may i know what is "blistering" in stable management terminology? i heard this term when operating a horse suffering from tendinitis.

hi -- well we use to give the horses 6 months off every year when the winter weather came. we would lay the horses up for a rest and if they had any leg problems we would put a light blister on the legs to cure the problem.... there are all kinds of leg blisters you could use.  now they run year round so horses do not get a rest as they should.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.