Horse Racing/blistering

Question
hello sir, may i know what is "blistering" in stable management terminology? i heard this term when operating a horse suffering from tendinitis.

Answer
hi -- well we use to give the horses 6 months off every year when the winter weather came. we would lay the horses up for a rest and if they had any leg problems we would put a light blister on the legs to cure the problem.... there are all kinds of leg blisters you could use.  now they run year round so horses do not get a rest as they should.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess